Monday, January 11, 2010

Malaysian Homeschooler leaves for University in the States

Now that I am actively following Out of the Box Learning, I read that David BC Tan's son, Ethan, has left for Hardin-Simmons in Texas. Congrats to the whole family!

It was pleasant to read Ethan's delightfully witty rendition of his departure from his family and entrance into a "schooling" environment for the first time. It just goes to show that there is comedy relief and excitement in education, rather than just grades and stress.

Well, now that I know an Ethan has made it to University, I will also be hopping in and out of his blog. It sort of jives with my current state of sleep-deprivation. I know my children will not be babies forever and one day, they will be 17 or 18 or 19, and leave the nest. With that, I am also paving paths for them, even if I still have over a decade to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment