Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Last Stretch

Yes, packing has taken its toll but alhamdulillah I have plastered the last reminders on my front door. It says, "YOGHURT, CHEESE, ICE PACK, and POTTY." The last items I have to stuff into the car. ie, the last things in the house that I have to stuff into the car. Of course, alongside are the water bottles the monsters will still be using tomorrow morning.

So the last stretch is finally here. The monsters are asleep, hopefully dreaming of Singapore Zoo after two days of not having my undivided attention. I did still PAY attention, I just had to divide it amongst the seventy-two luggage bags I stuffed into, onto and around the car.

Intermittantly, we did do some school, although Yusuff did not feel like being attentive. Even Scrambled Eggs Super didn't do the trick. He didn't like the birds, he said.

But Tasneem, alhamdulillah is always helpful when it comes to doing something different. We ran out of our colour cartridge, so clever little Tasneem had to colour in the MRT / LRT lines on this poorly printed map. Yusuff coloured his in too - but only wanted to colour the "shapes" the MRT lines made. That was kind of funky - me thinks he is going to be an extreme non-comformist when he grows up. And that picture is not upside-down, it's just how he happens to like to do his work.

I had my own map of course since I had to actually colour code in a way I would understand it and pin point our destinations for the next week.

And to give them a time-out, I brought the elder two out for dhaal morning. Considering the fact that I have been running up and down with clothes, diapers, swimsuits, baby food and everything in between, they have been very well-behaved alhamdulillah. If you're wondering, DH was away for the whole two days on work. Yeah, how convenient. Alhamdulillah my mum's maid stayed for the day, so the baby who does not sleep during the day nor the night, was pawned off to her for a morning nap.

We talked about Singapore some more and all the cool things we were going to do inshaallah. I do hope it all goes well and I hope whatever they are dreaming of now, will come true. Ameen.

1 comment:

  1. I’m creating awareness to the parents, teachers and home educators about fostering young learners to embrace computing skill at an early age, whether or not they grow up to be another Steve Jobs.
    Yeah, I know, some would say they are too young to learn, programming is cryptic, etc.

    Well, it’s about time to change that mind-set. Programming diverse in many ways, and it’s not necessarily be involved with enigmatic coding or perplexing scripting. With advancement of today’s technology, it is made possible even to teach children as early as 8.

    One programming software worth touching on is “Scratch”, developed by Lifelong Kindergarten (http://llk.media.mit.edu/) at MIT Media Lab, designed for children 8 yrs and above. Scratch is a visual programming language made up of bricks, that are dragged and snapped together to make a program. Just like Lego, it uses hardware bricks to make objects, Scratch uses software bricks to make a program. Moreover, teaching guides, communities and other resources are all available on their website to help instructors get rolling.
    What's more ?? Scratch is free !!!

    I’ve just started a blog (www.scratchingarduino.blogspot.com), hopefully bringing together young learners, enthusiasts, or non-programmers alike, to get started with creative computing. There’ll be tutorials along the path. As it progress, I will also blog about physical computing (also with Scratch) where interfacing with sensors and “homemade” robotics should preserve the interest for a while.

    By the way, this is not some sort of a marketing or promotional gimmick. I’m just another semi-retired old dude, struggling ways and means to do something, instead of sitting at home waiting for that “inevitable moment”. Community service would be the best option, I felt.

    Please help spread the word if you think this is helpful.

    ReplyDelete